RESTAURANT ‘BARR’ IS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED FOH PROFESSIONAL / WAITER
WHO WE ARE
Barr is a casual but quality focused restaurant and bar, serving up our modern version of classic inspired dishes of Northern Europe, along with a broad selection of crafted beers, aquavit and wine. Barr’s menu embodies the spirit of what we call the Northern Sea Cuisine.
Located at the harbourfront in Christianshavn, in the former home of ‘noma’, Barr welcomes a broad range of both national and international guests, looking to explore a quality based and modern approach to our culinary heritage.
WHERE WE COME FROM AND OUR APPROACH
Barr is led by Thorsten Schmidt and Lau Richter, and a group of noma veterans, all with a shared passion of providing our guests with a complete dining experience with high quality service in an informal setting.
The word Barr means crop in Old Irish and barley in old Norse, a historically vital crop in our region – hence, our name stands as a reflection of our ambition; to explore the food culture of our entire region.
It only takes a bit of digging to discover the vast similarities in food and drink traditions of Northern Europe and we constantly seek to explore these traditions, and to be creative while still honoring our culinary heritage to offer the most delicious version of traditional dishes and ingredients.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR (YOUR PROFILE)
As we are growing and expanding our team, we are looking for an experienced and strong FOH professional / Waiter, to provide a premium guest and service experience while taking responsibility and understanding the importance of contributing to a great work environment. This includes:
• Service and hospitality experience, with +3 years in the industry
• A positive mindset and a passion for getting your colleagues to shine
• A good basic understanding of food and beverage from farm-to-fork
• Strong interest and passion for quality, innovation, and service excellence
• Eagerness to develop, grow, and learn from the best in the industry
WHAT WE OFFER
• International and highly skilled team environment led by our General Manager, coming with 15 years of experience from noma
• Beautiful and bright surroundings in an iconic Copenhagen restaurant space at the harbour front
• Access to the extended noma family, incl. sparring, inspiration, and guidance
• Various and vast future career opportunities within the “family”
• Competitive salary and good work-life balance with a 40-hour week as standard and high flexibility as required
• Various perks and benefits, incl. e.g., health insurance, dental insurance, noma family discounts, and other staff benefits
Please send your application with CV and motivation letter to GM Lau Richter at