We are seeking a sous chef to join our team in Copenhagen
What is To Øl:
To Øl is a young Danish craft brewery founded in 2010. We brew a wide range of different craft beers; some potent and provocative, others fresh and floral. We brew the beers we want to drink ourselves and work to brew the best beers in the world.
Our team is made up of 150+ value-driven people with diverse skill set from 24 countries. We have varied backgrounds, life stories, life futures, areas of expertise, and personal preferences – and we love that about us, it betters our work.
BRUS is our beloved brewpub from 2016 located in the heart of Nørrebro. Our Space has a lively bar with over 30 different beers and cocktails, a kitchen with a mix of snacks, small bites and dishes, and a brewery lab. Our beer board and menu change regularly, so there is always something new to try out.
For us BRUS is a home for everyone who loves having a good time while enjoying fresh-brewed craft beer and tasty food.
What is the role:
We are searching for a Sous Chef to run our daily kitchen routines and to manage a dedicated team of chefs at BRUS. You will report directly to Head Chef, Thomas Østerlin.
- Daily work routines include leaning and guiding the kitchen team, planning and controlling the daily mise en place, preparations and running service. Close down the kitchen, doing orderings and planning mise en place for the coming days and week.
- Management tasks include training new staff, being a mentor for our chef students.
- Other tasks include, working closely with our head chef, planning future menus, testing menus and planning pop-up and events.
You are all about:
- You have a passion for food, beer and cooking, and interest in fermentation and are curious about new kitchen styles and ingredients
- You are creative, solution-oriented, pragmatic and thrive in a busy environment, and can organize a well-structured workplan.
- You have attention to details and have high hygiene standards.
- You meet all people with a smile, and a team player, want to contribute to a positive work culture and have a passion for passing on your experience to our Chefs and students and developing your skills
- Demonstrated industry experience minimum 5 years.
- Proven fluency in managing and motivated people and being structured in your workflow
- Familiarity with HACCP principles
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional fluency in English.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter including your answer to the questions through the link. All documents need to be in English.
- Application deadline: 25 April 2022 at 12 noon CET
- Job start: 15 may 2022 or ASAP
- Contact person: Thomas Østerlin, email@example.com